The Biltmore Hotel hosts the Mercedes-Benz Club of America South Florida Section’s 7th Annual Concours d’ Elegance
On Sunday, January 13, the iconic Biltmore Hotel, nestled in the heart of Coral Gables, hosted the Mercedes-Benz Club of South Florida’s 7th Annual Concours d’Elegance, an exclusive event, sponsored by Mercedes-Benz of Coral Gables and Mercedes-Benz of Cutler Bay. The event showcased over 70 of the club’s most collectable Mercedes cars ranging from vintage beauties to the latest models. Trophies were awarded for the best presented cars.
“We are thrilled to have served as hosts of this year’s Mercedes-Benz Club of South Florida Concours d’Elegance. Mercedes-Benz is renowned as one of the premier automobile brands, so it is only fitting that they chose to showcase the local club’s finest vehicles at The Biltmore Hotel,” said Philippe Parodi, Vice President of Marketing and Sales for the Biltmore Hotel.
Listed below are among remarkable cars that were awarded (a full list of winners are available upon request):
Class 1 – AMG & CLS
- 1st place: 2011 C197 entered by Jerry Aguirre
Class 2 – SL 1957-1976
- 1st place: 1970 280 SL W113 entered by Bruce and Sheri Rubin
Class 2.5 – Modified
- 1st place: 1967 250S W108 entered by Hedi Enghelberg
Class 3 – SL 1977-1989
- 1st place: 1986 560 SL R107 entered by Stephen Greco
Class 4 – SL & SLK 1990-2019
- 1st place: 1999 500 SL R129 entered by Henry Ovares
Class 5 – Coupes, Cabs & Sedans 1958-1972
- 1st place: 1971 280 SE W108 entered by Richard Hoppe
Class 6 – Coupes, Cabs & Sedans 1973-1991
- 1st place: 1991 420 SEL entered by Robert Paulsen
Class 7 – Coupes, Cabs & Sedans 1992-2019
- 1st place: 2003 32 SLK entered by Sherry (Michael) Werner
- 1971 280 SE W018 entered by Richard Hoppe
Best of Show
- 1958 Adenauer entered by Guy Lewis“We enjoy so much our affiliation with the Mercedes-Benz Club of America,” said Greg Barnes, president of Bill Ussery Motors, parent company of Mercedes-Benz of Coral Gables and Mercedes-Benz of Cutler Bay. “This organization provides many the opportunity to see Mercedes-Benz classics that are both beautiful and technological marvels of their time. As a dealer, we enjoy celebrating the past while bringing to today’s market the newest and most remarkable offerings that Mercedes-Benz has to offer. We applaud and join MBCA in a shared commitment to this wonderful brand and we look forward to our continued partnership. We also thank Biltmore Hotel for providing the most perfect possible venue for the show.”
Aside from the outstanding array of vehicles on display, guests also enjoyed a cash bar and The Biltmore’s renowned brunch.
For more information on The Biltmore Hotel, please visit www.BiltmoreHotel.com or call 800.727.1926. For more information on the Mercedes-Benz Club of South Florida, please visit www.southflorida.mbca.org.
Easy Related Posts
Where can I find special finance rates on Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz vehicles near Miami, FL?
Choosing a certified pre-owned vehicle is a great way to wed the benefits of buying ...read more